Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have an antique China cabinet from the late 1880s or 90s

Customer Question

I have an antique China cabinet from the late 1880s or 90s that is solid oak. It is 48" wide and with the backsplash over 6ft tall. I am no longer have ro for the piece nor does anyone in our family so I want to sell it. I paid $300 in 1986 and would like to know what it is worth today
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Your antique late Victorian combination side by side china cabinet and buffet is composed of a quarter sawn oak and would have been produced closer to the 1890's to 1900.

The combination cabinet with beveled mirror would have a current retail market value of 750-850USD.

If you were to attempt to resell the piece yourself a realistic fair market value would be closer to 450-550USD.

Though not a rare piece, these side by sides usually come in a desk secretary as opposed to the china cabinet. which adds to the value of this particular piece.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your antique combination china cabinet.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.