Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a bowl/plate that is a greyish background with a

Customer Question

I have a bowl/plate that is a greyish background with a black drawing of a cat? and a sun and some abstract designs. On the edge is a 'rick-rack' border.
Any ideas?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with this question.

Please upload clear pictures of the bowl and the marks on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how to upload. no marks on bottom. there was an episode of the roadshow uk that had something similar with just the black drawing. perhaps from the '20s.
You can email pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
I have your pictures - thanks!
Your bowl appears to be a piece of hand made pottery, either French or Italian, based on the design. My best "guesstimate" is that it was made in the mid-20th century. It was made on a potter's wheel, based on the circular marks on the bottom. It's a pity there are no signatures or trademarks.
If it is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $125. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of 40% of the retail amount, or approximately $50, depending on location and actual condition.
I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.
You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.
Thank you so much!
I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.