Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have what I think is an early plaque which at some time I

Customer Question

Hi I have what I think is an early plaque which at some time I think has been mounted on plaster and painted over . It is of a knight on his charger with his dog there is an estate in the background Around the edge is Scotia Francis et Hibernian.RI . ROLY DE Fensor hard to read . I have translated so far to scotia / Scotland Hibernia / Ireland and by the grace of God Defender of the faith . And I think ROLY refers to pope . There is a spot on the Knights boot which has rubbed a bit and shining through gold or brass however is not heavy . Any ideas what I have . Is about 20 cm dia .
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.

Could you post an image of the reverse, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your response it appears to be brass possibly embossed onto a mounting plaster I think the metal embossing is a lot earlier than when it was mounted for display .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the main photo you can see the estate which seems to have a bridge structure to the right . It seems like a huge estate so I am assuming this guy was important.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your input . Cheers .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello did you receive photos cheers