Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

China jade oval box with gold double line edge and clasp.

Customer Question

china jade green oval box with gold double line edge and clasp. About 7" long and 3" wide.
White inside.
Marks on back:
Goldsolder
G
GOLDSCHEIDER EVERLAST CORP. This is a circle underneath the section listed above.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignore the first Golsolder G in description. typing error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is totally beyond my abilities at this time. Suffice to say I can't send you a picture unless I can find someone to do it for me.I think that I have hit a dead end with this. Do you agree?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
No, if you can describe this to me, and the size I can get the value for you, the Goldscheider Everlast Corp U.S.A is a known company, so I can look them up in our data bases.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The box has a number. It is 144C. perhaps tht would help. I can't realy afford a phone call.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I understand, I guess the site sent you something about a phone call? I did not send that to you. I prefer this method of communication this way I have it all in writing as to descriptions, sizes etc.
If you can tell me what size the box is, what does it look like, is it plain or fancy, does it have any hand painted designs on it? Then I can value it for you.
Glenda