Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have the original chest full of typesetting letters that

Customer Question

I have the original chest full of wood typesetting letters that was used in our local family newspaper for many years. The chest and 8-10 drawers are in rather bad condition, but it is full of all sizes of wood letters. I would like to sell it and wonder if you have any idea without seeing it what it might bring?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. At present, the real value tends to be for the printing trays themselves, if present--most full stands with trays retail today in the $500-750 range pending demand at any given time, and of course condition. The blocks themselves tend to retail for a few dollars each.

If I can help further in any manner at all, please just let me know.

With kind regards,

Steve