Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Royal Doulton Vase markings RA 8881 a, an x or k near

Customer Question

Royal Doulton Vase markings RA 8881 a, an x or k near trademark and an n on one corner
Marking indicates 1902 to 1922. Muave with cream interior. Black around lip and art work.
Has this any value as a collectable item. Horrie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Your early 20th century Royal Doulton Art Nouveau style Hexagon vase with black and gold over design over mauve base would have a current retail market value of 275-325USD. From what I can see in the photo the vase does have some slight crazing, which if it progresses could detract from the resale value. Art Nouveau only lasted a short time at the beginning of the 20th century so there are not as many pieces out there for collectors to purchase which adds value to your vase. If there were any cracks, chips or damage unseen in the photos, this would also have a negative impact on the resale value of the antique vase.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your Royal Doulton Vase .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.