Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a 100 year old scalloped table about 2 foot tall. The

Customer Question

I have a 100 year old scalloped table about 2 foot tall. The bottom is carved with gold paint. I was told it was from Italy and the paint is 24 karat (not sure if that's true). The top is also scalloped marble. I would
Like to know whatnot is and what it is worth but it weighs about 60 to 70 pounds. It's very heavy. There are no scratches and is in beautiful shape.
I also have a porcelain lamp with children in a swing that is als about the same age i would like liked at.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Your Italian marble top table would have been produced closer to the 1950's to 1960's. The table is an example of the Italian baroque style that became popular in the US market in the mid 20t century after our soldiers returned home from Europe. The carved "C" scrolls seen o the base are indicative of this style of furniture that originated in the late 16th century. The coffee table in the photo with the marble top would have a current market value of 1200-1500USD if you were to attempt to resell the table in a retail shop setting.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

If you can open another question with the photo of the lamp I would be more than happy to assist you with that piece as well.