Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Can you tell me anything about a longwy france vase? I think

Customer Question

Can you tell me anything about a longwy france vase? I think it dates back to ww1 or ww2. My Aunt is from France and It was given to her and my uncle as a wedding gift. It has 77 on the bottom. looks hand written but may not be. It also has maybe a fancy D or O . 5076 on the bottom. Looks bulb shape with blue, green or turquoise and yellow. and cream crackling.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. Longwy Workshop of Longwy, France, first made ceramic wares in 1798. The workshop is still in business. Most of the ceramic pieces found today are glazed with many colors to resemble cloisonne or other enameled metal. Many pieces were made with stylized figures and Art Deco designs. At present, the active retail range is from $175 to $275 pending actual condition and demand at any given time. It was manufactured from 1892 to about 1927 with that marking.

With kind regards,

Steve