rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

Royal Doulton cup and saucer golden color with dark tree

Customer Question

Royal Doulton cup and saucer golden brown color with dark tree design landscape on rim and cup ? what is it ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the bottom mark?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see photo below
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

By 1891, the words Doulton Burslem and England are shown, along with a coronet. Starting in 1902 following the king’s designation, a lion appears on the mark along with a crown.

Your set is from the period 1902-1927. Normally, the put the pattern name or number with the mark, however it is not your case. I tried to find the exact pattern name or number but I was unsuccessful, most likely that this pattern is not very common and it's nor in the registry. A pattern depicting landscape was quite common in the 1920s, even with some indian style, an example is the Royal Doulton Fox Hunting pattern.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 30-50$ for the pair of cup and saucer.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!