rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have an original Tess etching of Marilyn Monroe is this

Customer Question

I have an original Tess Nelson etching of Marilyn Monroe is this piece worth getting appraised?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide the size of the etching?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be 15×9 it's hard to tell because it's framed in circular around the image top to bottom is 12 inches side to side is 9 inches
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 150-250$.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an original one of one etching of Marilyn Munroe so you believe the cost would be $150-$250?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Oh it's the original one? sorry, I understand that the piece was a standard etching.

For an original piece, the value will be in the range of 500-800$.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much for your help
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please, remember that I will only be paid if you rate my answer using the smiley faces showed bellow. Please, could you rate my answer so justAnswer will pay me for my time?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your expert opinion I found it to be very helpful I would recommend using you and this website to friends
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Thanks but please, use the stars to rate my answer., they are located at the very top of the page!