rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have found a Dresden China plate signed by the artist.

Customer Question

We have found a Dresden China plate signed by the artist. The plate is from early 1900s, late 1800s. We are wondering what the value may be. Would you be able to assist?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached a picture of the back of the plate
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The plate is made by Dresden Pottery Company/ Potters Company Cooperative Company of Dresden, Ohio. Many people mistake this mark for the famous German town of Dresden, Germany and the porcelain that came from there with the same name. The date of this plate is 1896 to 1927. The design is poppies and is considered DRC19 pattern on Replacements.com. This plate was not hand painted, but is a transfer/burnished design that included the original artist's name. This plate has a value of $10.00.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have read my answer. Please do click the stars to rate and close this question.