Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have several japanese heirloom vases that I can not identify~

Customer Question

i have several japanese heirloom vases that I can not identify~ one is green opague glass with a wavy gold band through out and solid gold band at mouth of vase and again on bottom all hand painted floral and leaves with a satin finish. It dates back at least three generations in my family and it is listed in a 1937 family appraisal. I do not see any makers mark. The vase is gorgeous and in stunning condition~any help is greatly appreciated I can also send pics.
Respectfully,
Abby
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Abby~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the height?
At your convenience, please send more photos. Clear, in-focus close-ups of the surface details would be ideal as well as a photo of the underside, even if not marked.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will try taking photos with my camera instead of my i phone i am not a good photographer :( my pieces are so old alot of them do not have marks is there a specific area you want pics of? i knew this was not going to be ez~ ok the height is 10.5" and the diamater (opening is 3".Abby