Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am curious about a coin I have which my father gave

Customer Question

I am curious about a coin I have which my father gave me when I was a child. The story behind the coin as told to me by may father is that he was given the coin/medallion by a close friend of his who was an engraver for "the mint" and had created the coin as a prototype/concept coin for the company for which he worked. Unfortunately, my father pasted away and never really know whether his friend worked for the U.S. Mint or the Franklin Mint. It was unclear and I haven't been able to get any information regarding it's origin. The front is the signing of the declaration of independence and the back is of an eagle flying in front of a flag.
The coin does have some marking: The front has the markings "ESF" (stylized "S") or "E/F", the back has the letter "NCS" and the date 1965 with a stamp of a capital "F" with a line through it (like a squatted cap "M"). The side of the coin has the numbers "1348".
As I mentioned, I do not know much about the coin or it's markings. I would appreciate any direction or help in finding out more.
Thank you,
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
This is part of a commemorative coin set on the history of America that was produced by Franklin Mint.
Here is a link for you to a match being offered for $27.50 on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C6707-SIGNING-OF-THE-DECLARATION-OF-INDEPENDENCE-SILVER-MEDAL-1976-/371068249165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566564244d
I recommend contacting Paul Bosco, a coin and medal dealer in NYC who may be able to confirm this for you:
*****
New York, NY 10016 (###) ###-####
www.pauljbosco.com
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora