Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

We have close to 100 original paintings, drawings, etc dated from the late 1800's to

Customer Question

we have close to 100 original paintings, drawings, etc dated from the late 1800's to 1963. Most are of English landscaping. How do we go about getting them appraised? My husband inherited them. Judy
Sorry, they are all from one artist who signed his work several different ways.
He has signed his work:
Jack S. Harrison
J. ***** *****on
J. S. Harrison
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also have some A. Cedrick Bibby original etchings approx. 8 1/2X11" all of English street with dwellings on each side of the street.
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.
Since you have so many pieces, you'll need an appraiser who can come to your home an view them. If you can tell me the nearest large city to you I can make recommendations.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Santa Cruz Calif is the city we are in
The nearest large city to you is San Francisco. I looked for appraisers in San Jose, but there is no one there who is qualified.
Here are some qualified appraisers. You should contact each of them in order to find the best fit for you.
Claudia W. Hess (###) ###-####
Susan McDonough (###) ###-####
Ronald Schwartz (###) ###-####
Allrich Fine Art Services (###) ###-####
Since this is a sizable job, all of these appraisers should be willing to travel to you.
I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.
You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.
Thank you so much!
I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.