Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

What is the value of 2 heywood hardy pictures titled passing

Customer Question

what is the value of 2 heywood hardy pictures titled passing the brush and going to the meet
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with this question. I've found two prints by Hardy, but they are titled "Presenting The Brush" and "The Meet". Is it possible these are the actual titles of your prints? Also, what are the dimensions of your prints?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i found the pictures on the invaluable site under these titles the dimensions are31 by 26
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the invaluable site the lot numbers are147 and146
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a eegyvudluk print 23 by 20 called water baby and sea dog stone cut30/50 cape dorsett n.w.t. 1961 could you please find the value of this thank you
Thank you for this information.
Heywood Hardy (1833 - 1943)is best known for his riding and hunt pictures.
If your prints are in excellent condition, their current retail (insurance or replacement) values are "The Meet: $300, and "Presenting The Brush": $235. If you were to sell them, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of 40% of the retail amount, or approximately $120 for "The Meet"; and $95 for "Presenting The Brush", depending on location and actual condition.
If you have additional items you want evaluated, they must be posted as separate questions.
I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.
You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.