Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I found a very decorative glass bottle under the bottom most

Customer Question

I found a very decorative glass bottle under the bottom most (3rd) foundation of a building over 100 years old. The bottle is about 5 inches tall, and has holographic images that appear in the glass when it is turned the right way. I have a picture of it if that helps.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know its history and value
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. You have a late 19th century bottle often called a "cathedral" form. Most held fancy vinegar or wine based sauces, but similar forms were used with perfumes and colognes as well. Unfortunately it seems to have a bit of damage, which will detract from the market retail (normally around $45)--likely it will sell in the $15-20 range today. With kind regards,Steve