Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I found an antique silver plated curling iron heater with the

Customer Question

I found an antique silver plated curling iron heater with the spiderweb mark from Webster & Wilcox this weekend at the swapmeet. Any information is appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,I took more pics, hopefully you can see them better!There is a full spiderweb with the "points" of the web extending past the "body" of the web approx 1/16"...with a star shaped void with a capital W right in the middle of the web. The mark differs slightly from the web mark for the Sterling mark for "Wilson & Son" as it is a full web with the star void and the W, not missing the pie shaped void, nor is it nearly as "crude looking" of a mark. The mark on mine looks more "refined" though you can tell it was maybe a handmade stamp. There is the number 105, each digit stamped individually, about 1/2" directly below the mark in uneven font about 1/4" high. To the right 1" and even with the bottom edge of the mark is a single digit 7 about 1/16" high font.
Please don't hesitate to give me a call if I can describe it better for you that way. Unfortunately the only "camera" I have right now is on this tablet. Thanks again! Carolyn(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora