Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My mother is giving me an antique chair, hand-crafted, wooden,

Customer Question

My mother is giving me an antique chair, hand-crafted, wooden, and very old. It was purchased from one of the original founding families of Boston and was a parlor chair. Sorry, I do not recall if it was from the Lodges or the Cabots. It is in excellent condition and still is very sturdy. My parents purchased the chair many years ago from a friend who was selling his antique business. He said the chair was originally in a set of two; however, by the time he reached the auction they had sold the other chair. He told my parents to never part with the chair as it was extremely valuable - part of early American History. He said it should actually be a museum piece. I do not wish to sell at auction, but prefer to sell outright. But, of course, I am not sure how to go about it and would like advice on appraisal. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora