Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

What are the chances you have heard of an painter named

Customer Question

What are the chances you have heard of an painter named Vladimir Stekly who painted in the 1980s?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. Yes, I am familiar with the artist. What information are you seeking? ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have inherited several paintings by him (2 pastoral & 1 that's a violin) & am interested in what I have. Can you tell me more?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora, thank you. My experience on this site is that it this can be a lengthy process. Before I start snapping pictures, could you tell me if this painter has a following, is collectible, or was just a friend of the person who gave me the paintings. The paintings range in size from 20 inches by 24 inches to 3 feet by 4 feet. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Works by Vladimir Stekly (1944 - 1989) are occasionally offered at auction and they sell in the $50 - $200 range currently. His high estimate at auction is $300 and that was for a painting that measured 24" x 48".
Let me know how you would like to proceed from here; since FYI, since I provided information that covers part of your question, I am required to post this as answer.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora