Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an original drawing of an English Pointer dog signed

Customer Question

I have an original drawing of an English Pointer dog signed Victor Becker 33. Does it have any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The frame measures 10 5/8 by 12 5/8. The mat opening is 5 X 7.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for the images and for your patience.
Although it appears as an original drawing, the size and style as well as the lack of reflection in the graphite indicates that this is actually a signed stone lithograph print.
Based on comparables, this would carry an auction estimate of $60 - $80 on today’s market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $125.
Here is a link to a comparable for you by the same artist with a different subject in the picture:
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/4985883_victor-becker-american-lithograph
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora