Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a large chromolithoraph of what looks like a pre Victorian

Customer Question

I have a large chromolithoraph of what looks like a pre Victorian banquet. The letter V. de Pare appear in the lower right corner and I can not see additional lettering under the frame. The frame is gilded plaster on wood.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more clear, in focus photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature and/or small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Nora. I will use a camera instead of the phone feature and provide measurements as well.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi , That is fine - send over images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are a few pictures.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any update on the value of this chromograph??
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the delay, I had family visiting from out of town.
Your antique framed color lithograph print is of an image by the Spanish artist Vicente Garcia de Paredes (1845-1903).
The original watercolor of this image sold for $4200 in 2008 against an estimate of $5000 - $8000.
Here is a link for you to the original that sold:
http://bid.igavelauctions.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=1171234
The image is not officially titled, but referred to as “A Toast”. The scene is set in 18th century France.
On today’s market, your large framed color print of after a painting by Paredes would sell for $125 - $350.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora