Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Please provide value 9 tube mahogany tall case

Customer Question

Please provide value for Herschede 9 tube mahogany tall case clock cica 1800. thank you, Bob
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Grandfathers clock was purchased by my Grandfather [as used] after the Philadelphia exposition in 1900. Clock is in perfect working condition with a few scratches on case.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.There are many variations possible in this clock. I will need to see an overall photo, and a close-up of the face and the Herschede markings.These can be uploaded using the paperclip icon directly above your reply box. If the icon isn't showing, the photos can be emailed to***@******.*** -- make sure you ask them to forward them to AppraiserJM and/or provide a link to this question.Sincerely,Jennifer
My apologies for the delay. The photos were routed to my spam folder, possibly because of the zip file.
I did not get the requested photo of the Herschede markings, can I see that? And what is the serial number on the clockworks?
I am assuming that the 1800 on your first post is a typo, as Herschede incorporated in 1902, and the earliest examples are from around 1885.
Jennifer