Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a piece that is so unique I would like to show a pic

Customer Question

I have a piece that is so unique I would like to show a pic of it to you. its to hard to tell you about it can i send a pic some how?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I would like one photo at eye level so that I can understand the shape of the vase. A photo of any marks on the bottom would be important as well. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. (please do not use a flash and back up a bit to get clear pics of the marks)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get all the pic there is 5 that i took for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see you got them
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I did , thank you. I will have to opt-out because I do not recognize the mark. Another expert will step in and help at no extra cost to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the bottom number i think it's 1099
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. Your photos are only opening to a miniature or thumbnail size which makes seeing the detail of this object very difficult. The most important clue on the piece is not the numbers, but the stamp mark on it. If you can send just larger, more in-focus, high resolution images of just the marks on this, it will be very helpful. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it i sent the pics on the cell phone it might be better to see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because what i send in they were clear
i can send them bigger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it won't let me open up add files
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't send my pic the add a files won't open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i got in
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see if this is bigger
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how is it going? do u need anything else in pics
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I will let you know if I need any additional info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you found anything on my antique?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I would like to but I would need more time, so I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if nobody know what it is do i get my money back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you let me know about my antique item, Im waiting for another antique experts to take my case.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Every expert that works on the site has taken a look at this, if they had known who made it they would have let you know. Since there are no markings on it to indicate who made it or where it originated from it is impossible to know that unless someone just happens to recognize it, and since no one answered this for you, it means no one knows this piece.
I would recommend taking this to a local Antique Appraiser and let them look at this in person so they can physically inspect it, they can at least give you a value if not a place or origin. I can help you find someone in your area if you like.
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to take it to a antique roadshow. I really like to know more about this piece I inherited so can't ask about it.So can Since nobody can help me can i get my money back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel me on your program. I don't understand it i got the first week free why did you charge me anyway?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You need to contact customer service, the appraisers are not employees of the justanswer site. You contact them by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of your page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks