Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to find out more about a lions head china cabinet

Customer Question

I am trying to find out more about a lions head china cabinet and to determine the value of a lions head china cabinet. I am not sure of the age. It was in my grandfather's home as long as I can remember and I am 50 years old. My mom remembers it in their home when she was a young girl, except my grandfather used it to store books. It is approximately 65 inches in height, 12 1/2 inches deep and 31 1/4 inches wide. There is no markings on the back as to who made it. It has 4 adjustable shelves. As far as I know the glass is the original glass. The glass is not curved. It has a brass keyed handle. There are no markings on the lock either. I do not have the key though. The two front legs are lion paws. All 4 legs have wooden wheels. I am not familiar with different types of wood, so I don't know what type of wood was used to make it.
I have uploaded images of it to imgur.com/a/GTO8L
Please take a look and let me know what your thoughts are.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing us.

My name is ***** ***** I'd like to see if I can help.
I'll be glad to take look. Without definite marks, it will be nearly impossible to say just who made it or exactly when. If it's okay with you, I'll be glad to try and narrow down both the country and date range of when it could have been made. I can help with a value as well.
Does that sound okay?
~Diana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I submitted this question a week ago. The website stated "answers within a day" So, NO it is not okay. I was able to obtain the information I needed from another source.