Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have Simpson Hall Miller Treble Plate 14" tall and

Customer Question

Hello, I have Simpson Hall Miller Treble Plate 14" tall and 23" around pitcher, decorated with a lion head under the spout, with 2 talons or 2 finger paws down from the spout to the sides, and a lion head on the handle. The rest of the body has plants flowers and birds etc. The pitcher has a 7 1/2", 3 1/4" tall bowl with a large pouring spout, and has 2 round handles across from each other, both on the inside, one is just above the hole for the spout. The exterior on both pieces look like pewter with a silver liner. What is the market value, for each? What is the bowl for, does the pitcher set on it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send more photos. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
There are no images attached.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience.
This is an antique late 19th century Victorian era pitcher with cups. Originally it would have had a matching base that allowed the pitcher to have a tilt action, so there was no need to pick up the pitcher to pour out a drink - it only needed to be tilted.
The bowl may have been part of the base at some time.
This would have originally been triple-plated which is another term for silver-plating. When new, it would have been very shiny like sterling silver, however this does not have a precious metal melt-down value.
In current condition this set could sell for a high of $50 on today's market.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora