rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a sign that stood in front of the Reverside Military

Customer Question

I have a sign that stood in front of the Reverside Military Acadamy, in Hollywood Fl. [on a 4 by 8 sheet of plywood]. I've had it for 20plus yrs. I estimate it to be between 50/60 yrs old. to my knowledge it is one of a kind, & it's in good condition, how do you value something like this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Could you provide a picture of the sign? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a picture of the sign, to the web site, let me know if you didn't get it.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Picture didnt come up, could you try to reupload it? There should be a link, just below the square where you write the message, to attach pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what phone # ***** E-Mail address should I send the pic to?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Please, send the picture to the following email address***@******.*** , They will forward the pictures to me. Please, remember to include the question link showed below in the email:http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/26faf02b9a7345878d57635423eb0cbbThanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's a question link?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Simply this line: "http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/26faf02b9a7345878d57635423eb0cbb"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the picture today about 2:00pm, please let know if you get it & your thought's on it's value.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
I received the pictures! Thanks for sending them
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 150-260$.
If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.
Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.
You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.
Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!