Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a channel back upholstered arm chair with Queen Anne

Customer Question

I have a channel back upholstered arm chair with Queen Anne legs that has been in my family for at least 75 years. It was probably inherited by my parents from one of their parents. I had it reupholstered, and here is what the upholsterer said: There is a tag on the bottom right side under the chair from an upholstery company dated 1864 or 84. The springs have a tag from the Atlanta spring company dated 1934. We put a tag under with our company and date for future generations we hope to find when it needs a facelift again. The chair had several replacement pieces including oak and pine. The legs and bottom are all original. On the original pieces of wood there was hand pane marks. It is held together with several fasteners because of its age and various repairs over the years. It has the original horse hair on the bottom seat which we also saved and reused. It has been recovered many times so we had to fill holes the wood putty and sand off a little so no more harm will be done to the wood.
I wondered what the chair is worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent images for may chair, but I have not received a reply.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
No images are visible on this thread.
Images should be posted here by using the +Add Files button or by following the steps in this link:
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try again.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the image.
Please send close-up of the original tags, if you have those as well as close-ups of the feet/legs and underside.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken additional photos of the legs as requested. I do not have photos of the tags. I am not allowed to attach photos as it says the question is closed -- yet I never got an answer.