Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

In CONGRESS July4 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen

Customer Question

In CONGRESS July4 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloWhat are you needing to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just would like to know where I can take this or how to find out whether this document is authentic and therefore it's worth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Chicago
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello You should be able to take this to the local historical museum, they will be able to look at his paper for you to determine if it is real or not. There is one located at 1601 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614 .(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out that museum don't do appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloI did not mean they would do an appraisal, I meant just have a curator look at it to tell you if it is old or not. There are only a couple of these that are genuine and they are in museums. There have been hundreds of these over the years made that are replica's. I am sure this is a replica but, you need someone to look at in person to see how old the paper is..You can contact local appraisers they should be able to look at it with no cost to you and tell you the age of it. You can find one in the phone book under Antique Appraiser. Or you can look at the American Society of Appraiser site and locate one close to you.Online no one can tell how old the paper is. Glenda