Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an old print of J. G. Brown, - C. Schlecht signed

Customer Question

I have an old print of J. G. Brown, - C. Schlecht signed engraving - not titled WOMAN SITTING IN BOAT. Some fading on signature from age. It says copyrighted was done by Radtke, Lauckner & Co., 1892 (top left hand corner). It features a female sitting in a boat/ rowboat wearing a scarf/shawl on her head. She is rest, sitting with the oar handles in her lap, sitting in deep thought. The frame and matting seem to be old too, and the back of the frame has wood as backing with old tape holding back onto print....size is probably just print alone probably 2' x 3'...overall with matting and framing, probably 5' x 5 1/2' or so. Do you have any idea of what print is worth? Thankyou so very kindly...My hubby is in a wheelchair, and I would like to sell it if it is worth good money, could help with our expenses...and if not, I humbly thankyou for taking time to help me determine anything...Cordially, xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cathy,
Is there any possible way for you to provide images?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried before about 1/2 hour to another person, just to try to get images to you...if she don't have them, no way I can get them to you...Sorry, but I tried...Any guesses for value of print?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora