Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have pictures, medals, sword and cane owned by

Customer Question

I have pictures, medals, sword and cane owned by Miloch-Obilicth, a Serbian national hero who won the great battle on the field of Cosovo between the Serbs and Turks about 500 years ago. I wondered if you could give me an appraisal.
Thanks
Tom XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here. At your convenience, please choose one and send photos. The zip file attached here is corrupted and will not open. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Per you request, I've enclosed pictures of just one item; the sword. However, I believe there would be much more value when considering this as a story and collection of items owned by a historical war hero. Please let me know if you agree and send me an estimate of value on the sword and a quote on what it would cost to appraise this as an entire collection. Thanks, Tom
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,
Unfortunately swords are out of my wheelhouse of expertise.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** you have a Pattern 1822 British sword (that is the design) as used from 1822 through about 1870. If you look at the ricasso (where the sword blade meets the hilt/guard), there should be some markings or symbols present--but that is the era of the sword itself--no where near 500 years old, sorry.... With that stated, how can I help? With kind regards,Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me an estimate of the sword's value.