Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What would be the value of a small pottery jug, copperish in

Customer Question

What would be the value of a small pottery jug, copperish in color with a blue band and yellow dots in groups of three on the band? It comes with letters from owner to owner as it has been given to friends. The first letter from a missionary named Alfred A Young dated 1915. He states it formerly belonged to Mary Duke of Dukes Town Co. Antrium Irland and was passed down through his family. At the date of his letter, he states that it is 250 years old. He used it for communion in his missionary work and so it has been where Christ walked.
What do you think or where should I go to find out?
Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your little jug.Thanks for the photo, I can see exactly what you have.Can you tell me the color of the clay on the unglazed rim of the bottom. Is it dark terracotta or umber color? If you're not sure, a photo would help.Many thanks and wait to hear,Robert