AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have this engraving. Bought at...... It's old. "A

Customer Question

I have this engraving. http://www.gac.culture.gov.uk/work.aspx?obj=26405
Bought at...... It's old. "A Northeast Perspective View of the Cathedral Church and Close of Sarum"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.This copper engraving was done by John Fougeron, after an original work by John Baptist Jackson, around 1761.While extremely interesting, despite their age these engravings don't command very high prices. The most recent sale of an example of this copper engraving was in September 2014, with the piece bringing approximately $155 at auction. Previous auction records were within the same range. A dealer at retail would charge around $300, plus the cost of framing. (Smaller engravings by Fougeron sell for under $40 at retail--he was known for portraits of royalty and political figures.)Please let me know if I can help further.Sincerely,Jennifer
Good morning,
I see you have not yet rated/accepted my answer. I understand you may be disappointed in the value, but of course that is not something I can control. I would appreciate your rating so that I can be credited for my work on your behalf.
Of course, if you have additional questions on this item, I'm happy to help further.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
I see you have not yet accepted/rated my answer. Until you do, I won't be credited or compensated for the work I did on your behalf.
How can I help you further? I want you to feel completely justified in providing a positive rating.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
Good morning,
I see you have not yet accepted or rated my answer. Here at JustAnswer, Experts cannot be credited for their work until the customer provides a positive rating.
Of course, I want you to feel justified in providing a positive rating. How can I help further? Do you have more questions about this item?
Sincerely,
Jennifer
Good morning,
I understand you may be disappointed in the value, but of course that is out of my control. And it takes me the same amount of time and work to research an item regardless of the value.
I would appreciate if you could accept/rate my answer, so that I can be credited for my work. It's very difficult for Experts at JustAnswer to continue to help customers like yourself, if we are not credited for our research.
Sincerely,
Jennifer