Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

M Boulton ,"twin suns" marked set of two ,large,two light,?silver

Customer Question

M Boulton ,"twin suns" marked set of two ,large,two light,?silver plate candelabra.designed to have glass chimneys.
Centre to centre light ---14.5 inches. column height ----20 inches.
Any information,any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the candelabras you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos I can send later today___by Email To what address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Email address already here
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
That is perfect, I look forward to the photos. Thanks again,Frank
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for sending over those photos.
From the photos, these look to be William IV era, Sheffield Plated Candelabras produced by Matthew Boulton in Birmingham, England circa 1830. The silver-plated candelabras have a heavy ornamentations in the design of what appears to be either floral or acanthus from what I can see in the photos.
In excellent condition your antique Mathew Boulton Candelabras would have a retail value of 5500-6500CAD.
I don't see any damage in the photos, but if there were any excessive denting, pitting, missing silver-plate or other damage, this would detract from the resale value of the candelabras.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your antique Mathew Boulton Candelabras .
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.