Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have 42 " German Bisque head Henry Halbig doll , does not

Customer Question

I have 42 " German Bisque head Henry Halbig doll , does not have orig clothes or wig, but in mint condition
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloDoes she still have clothes and wig though? Just not the original?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has wig and dress not original did picture come through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about amt I charged would it b another $ 18 to talk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R u there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long
Before I may receive a call?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes it would cost more to talk, and that is not needed to value this. I just needed to know if her wig and clothes are there. Sometimes people submit pictures of original and then things have changed.I can give you current market value if that is what you are wanting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is it, did u see the photo I tried to send? We do not have clothes or original wig, but she is gorgeous no chips etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to leave, have a docs apt!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,. To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. If you are on a phone please make sure you are logged into the justanswer website, so you can see the complete answer, and have the ability to rate my professional service to you after I have given you an answer to your question. You cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails, communication is done through this venue..The Henry Halbig doll 42", has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $2***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. I have seen these dolls go as high as $3500.00 depending on who bids on them. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As Antique Dolls subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities..If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.. If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.. If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.. Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively..You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .. Thank you so much! Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Online is great I know u probably have lots of smaller dolls, this one surely makes a statement. All children want to pick her up so I tied a sash around her waist to the chair, one little girl just ran up and put her head in dolls lap.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am not sure I understand your response. Were you needing something besides a value for the doll?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I started this at 6 something am what's the story? I need to know I pd already will u please tell met ur estimate it is 7p
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to pay for online she said earlier that would not be necessary, are YALL yanking me around?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is Glenda B gone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answer ok, just wondered why it took so very long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenda would u invest in better wig and clothes?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am not sure what is happening, I assume you were not seeing my answer from what it sounds like. I do not understand what you mean when you said, " you do not understand why it took so long" I had to ask information in order to get the right value. Once I had the information I had to research the doll. These things take time, in order to do a proper honest appraisal. No, the wig and clothes you have on her look fine! Since I have answered with the value, of $2***-**-****.00, and answered about the wig and clothes, if this is all you were needing, I hope you do not mind rating me on this..Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively..You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! ..Thank you so much!Glenda