Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

M Eduard GRIFF "GRIFF-" signed in lower left of painting of

Customer Question

M Eduard GRIFF "GRIFF-" signed in lower left of painting of "Harbor Painting" 13.5" W x 10.5" H in wood frame painted gold and black with the painting's canvass mounted in it with cardboard covering the backside. At the top center next to the frane there ia an area one inch wide by 1/8 inch down where the paint is missing and it is white underneath. Any info on this painting -- it appears to be old. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Nora. I am sending you 5 pictures of the painting in several E-mails since all the picture files may not fit in one.Thank you for your attention to this.Best regards,William Broadfoot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's another picture.Thank you,William Broadfoot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's another picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's another picture for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the next to last picture.William Broadfoot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the last picture. If you haven't gotten them, please let me know. There should be a total of five.Thank you,William Broadfoot
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mr. **,
None of your images have attached here.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mr. **,
I received one image through email that was forwarded to me - however it is only one photo of the backside only.
Please send the additional requested images at your convenience.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent [email protected] five pictures, two of the back and three of the front. Please ask them to send you the other four of the five I sent last week or give me your E-mail address so I can send them directly to you.Best regards,William Broadfoot
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~
I have not yet received any images. I will let you know when they do get forwarded to me.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I resent the four images you did not get a few days ago, but I have not heard anything further from you since August 7, 2 weeks ago. Please update me as to how my inquery is going.Best regards,William Broadfoot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Nora,
I resent the 4 missing pictures to justanswer on 8/17; no response from you after that, so I wrote you a direct e-mail on 8/21 to see if the resent 4 pics were received. No response yet as of today 8/25. All this doesn't seem to be working out very well, so at this point just forget the whole thing and credit back my credit card the amounts charged. Sorry about this, but what more can I do???Best regards, *****