Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Bronze sculpture of an Indian maiden

Customer Question

Hi again, I have another item I need information and value. It is a bronze sculpture of an Indian maiden - entitled "Sweet Corn Song" by Betsy Stone. It is 11 inches tall, 10 inches wide and 9 inches deep. I have attached photos for your use. I contacted
a Betsy Stone I found on the internet but she indicated that she did not work in bronze. So I'm at a loss for the backstory on this piece I bought at an antique store. Thanks for your help! Mary
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary,Thanks for asking me about this one, I'd be glad to help if I could, but this name is ***** ***** listed artist in any of my references, so I'll opt out and see if another appraiser can help.You don't have to do anything, they will answer here on this thread whenever they are ready.Best wishes,Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert - I haven't heard anything yet. Do I need to do something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the appraiser who looks at this question - there is a Willard Stone with works at the Gilcrease Museum - we emailed the family but haven't heard anything - we were wondering if there is a connection between Betsy Stone and Willard Stone.Mary