Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two wood carvings that I believe were given to my great

Customer Question

I have two wood carvings that I believe were given to my great grandparents when they were stationed in the Philippines after WWII. One is a man and the other a woman. They appear to be Indian, each standing next to an animal on a carved base. They both have packs on their back that appear to be some type of bowl. The base is approx. 8” wide, 5” deep and the figures themselves are approx. 18” tall. The base, figure and animal all seam to be carved out of one piece of wood. I'm very interested to find what if any significance these carvings have. Unfortunately, I now longer have family who can provide me with the history behind these carvings
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send more photos. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora