Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a print I got when my mother passed away. Any info

Customer Question

I have a print I got when my mother passed away. Any info would be appreciated along with value. The print is numbered 11/42. Says Germantown 1880 And then says MMenotti in the right bottom corner
The print looks like some sort of American Indian rug or blanket
Gail XXXXXX
XXX XXX XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I can provide an estimate of value based on comparables, though not any information on the artist M. Menotti.
~OR~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee. Opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just provide an estimate so I can know how to proceed for insurance purposes
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gail,
What is the approximate size?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The print exposed from the matting inside the frame is about 9 or 10 inches wide X 16-18inches tall
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the dimensions.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience.
This is a serigraph, or silkscreen, signed and titled limited edition print from the 2nd half of the 20th century.
The artist is M. Menotti, of whom there is scant biographical information available.
The print is one of 42 copies made by hand and numbered 11 of 42.
The title is “Germantown 1850” which is the topic of the subject of the serigraph print, being the design of a Navajo “germantown” pattern rug that would have been made around 1850.
Here is a link to one Menotti print, with a Navajo rug theme that is available for sale from Japan for approximately $230:
http://www.sekaimon.com/i131012858724
The suggested insurance or replacement value for your signed limited edition print measuring 9” x 10” without frame is $325.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora