Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a pair of mid 1800 Wagner porcelain paintings, original

Customer Question

I have a pair of mid 1800 Wagner porcelain paintings, original frames in good condition for the period. The pair depict two young people, in the first one meeting, the second one the wedding. I'm looking to see what is the best way to have these appraised.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The actual paintings are about 6" X 9". I believe they are signed on the back, but the frames are paper wrapped and I don't want to disturb this.Pics attached, thanks Nora.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
May I please know how you obtained the information attributing these to Wagner?
There appears to be a faint signature on the plaque with the image of couple at the tree that ends in 'Tor'?
Your mention the 2nd plaque being one of a wedding couple - though the image here is of a mother tending her young children.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, I got that information from my Father years ago, but he has since passed. He claimed originally there were three of them, and the wedding scene is the one missing. My error.I will see if I can identify the signature