Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE A SET OF CHINA THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME OVER 30 YEARS AGO,

Customer Question

I HAVE A SET OF CHINA THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME OVER 30 YEARS AGO, STILL WRAPPED IN NEWSPAPER, BU MY HUSBAND'S AUNT WHO COLLECTED ANTIQUES. IT IS SUPPOSEDLY A SERVICE FOR 12 WITH EXTR SERVING PIECES. SOME PIECES SAY LIMOGE FRANCE ON THE BACK WITH MARKINGS AND SOME SAY BAVARIA . THEY ARE 18 KT GOLD TRIMMED. MY AUNT CLAIMED AT THE TIME SHE GAVE THEM TO ME THAT THEY BELONGED TO A GOOD FRIEND OF HERS WHO HAD PASSED AWAY AT APPROXIATELY 89 YEARS OLD AND THESE WERE A WEDDING GIFT. I JUST RECENTLY CAME ACROSS THEM AND WAS WONDERING HOW O FIND OUT IF THEY HAVE VALUE OR NOT. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN TAKE THEM FOR AN OPINION OR MAYBE SEND A PICTURE THROUGH E-MAIL SINCE THIS SEEMS TO BE HOW EVERYONE DOES THNGS TODAY.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please add a photo of the one piece and any marks on the back. When taking pictures of the marks, back up a few feet and don't use a flash for the best results if getting close causes blurry pictures. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FORCustomerIN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.