rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pair of porcelain figurines with a gold anchor mark.

Customer Question

I have a pair of porcelain figurines with a gold anchor mark. The anchor has barbs at the end, a short bar beneath a O on top. One is a shepherd girl with lamb at her feet and holding a round flat tambourine. The boy has one arm lifted and the other arm at his side about to pet a lamb or dog.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a way of sending a photo.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, In order for me to properly assess what you have it is necessary for me to see the objects in question. I can wait as long as you need to get images. ~OR~ I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee. Opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you could call me on Skype Yvonne.westphal11
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I sent the requested additional service offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mark matches the Chelsea gold anchor
No do not do Skype.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is someone going to call me for $18.00?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
In order for me to properly assess what you have it is necessary for me to see the objects in question.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Your Chelsea figurines have a value of $600.00 to $800.00 for the pair. The Chelsea mark has been replicated by Edme Samson, so some also call these Samson pieces. Samson copied Meissen and Chelsea porcelain in the 1800's, but his works has actually become just as valuable as the originals in some cases. I have attached a site where you can see the different Chelsea marks over the years so you can determine which best matches your set since you can't send a picture. I have also attached an Edme Samson Chelsea mark so that you can see how they get compared as being the same. http://www.antique-marks.com/chelsea-porcelain-marks.html