Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Appraisal frank cota brutalist sculpture approximately

Customer Question

appraisal for 2012 frank cota brutalist sculpture approximately 30 inches in width by 24 inches high at higest point four large circular rings form two concentric 3d circles joined together by four metal rods at various positions in the circles center of two circles have round flat whole metal small circles that look like eyeballs with three spike short metal "antennas" looking skyward on left side circle,patina and generous rust are present never cleaned except dusted with feather duster paid 120.00 plus shipping
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave you the size,apparently you did not read the question thoroughly or did not understand that Frank Cota was a brutalist sculptor, and I was asking about a sculpture,so why would it have a frame?Do you know who Frank Cota is? I have photos on my smartphone, but I am not satisfied that you even read the question or know who the artist is---plus it took a long time to answer and I plan on taking the sculpture myself, in person to an appraiser today and will not need your services or will be paying the 38 dollars---- but I thank you for your time