Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a painting by C. Kramer that I bought in Singapore.

Customer Question

Hello!
I have a painting by C. Kramer that I bought in Singapore. I think it is original, but not sure. It is a painting of a women and a man, perhaps 1800. How can I send you a picture of it?
***** *****wood
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Thank you for the photo.I need the dimensions of your painting.Also, if it is an oil painting, there will be a slightly rough surface. Please let me know that as well.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doris!Yes, it has a rough surface and the dimensions are:37 inches by 25 inches, however, the frame is larger. Thank you!
Thank you for that information.
Please allow me time to research your question, calculate current values and write my answer.
I should be back shortly.
Kind regards,
Doris
There is not much detailed information in my references except that C. Kramer lived from 1900 to 2000.
When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.
We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.
Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.
My research of past auction sales of C. Kramer paintings indicates that your framed painting has a estimated auction value of $850-900 assuming very good condition.
A retail art gallery would double the auction sales price. This means your C. Kramer painting has an estimated retail value of $1700-1800.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris