Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have had a Gorham Sterling silverware set and don't

Customer Question

I have had a Gorham Sterling silverware set for years and don't know where to go to see if it's real and what it is worth. I believe it's real because when I polished it the cloth was really black. The marking I can see on the forks is Gorham Sterling and a letter M. Can you help me?
Thanks
***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Do any of the pieces have a number or any other markings other than the Gorham Sterling M? I am looking fr a pattern ID.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see one- I believe it is King Edward from looking online at some of the patterns
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the spoons look like they have a letter H, but the pattern looks like the other pieces.
Thank you for that information. I will check the patternPlease let me know how many guests your set will serve (this is called number of place settings).Then how many pieces does each person have. (This is the number of pieces in each place settings.Next I need a list or photo of serving pieces. These can add a lot to value.Kind regards,Doris