rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a black glass collection of over 1000 pcs as old as

Customer Question

I have a black glass collection of over 1000 pcs as old as 1890. It was my moms for over 60 years. I have pic I can e-mail some one. I'm in western kansas and had an offer of $2000 after 2 min in room. My moms been gone 9 years now and the glass doesn't do anything for me. Is need direction. Took 2 weeks to unbox it all.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
You should take the offer of $2000.00 from the person that visited the room. An auction will not want to take such a large quantity of glass in the same genre because they would sell it as maybe five separate lots and you would only get a net of about $140.00 when all is said and done. I see that some is amethyst black glass, depression glass and some is English and French Bristol and enamel painted glass. I have bought and sold these same items for years and I strongly suggest that the offer of 2000.00 was more than fair. I do wish you luck with it!Please click the stars to rate me and to close this question.