Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraisals
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a painting by Robert A. Olson called " Piano Moods ".

Customer Question

I have a painting by Robert A. Olson called " Piano Moods ". And it is an artist proof #75 / 75 !! Is this worth very much ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please send a photo of your piece.To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or paper clip you see on your reply page.If none is there, then you may use the free internet photo siteimgur.com Use the following instructions:Go to http://www.imgur.com a. Click "Computer" b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send c. Click open on the file d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page. Click on it e. Your image will appear on the screen f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link to the right on the imgur page g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just AnswerI also need the dimensions of the piece. Kind regards,Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Please check the numbers for me. Could it be #75/750?Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is says 75 / 75 artist proof ! And the artist has signed it personally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 22" x 22" approximately
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I do not usually accept phone call offers because I must see most articles and research before I can assess them with current values. Besides, they cost you extra in addition to what you have already paid.Let me study your photo and research current values. Thank you for the photo and dimensions.Kind regards,Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Robert OlsonArtist Biography"Robert Olson is one of our nation’s most awarded young artists. Over the past few years Robert Olson has enjoyed a steady rise in popularity, winning critical acclaim as well as the loyalty of thousands of collectors of art, prints and posters throughout the country.Robert Olson’s educational career began at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design, after which he founded the acclaimed Oasis Art Studio. Robert Olson continues his studies in New York and Paris as well as an apprenticeship program similar to those adopted by the old masters.Robert Olson’s technique, and use of light and form, was inspired by the art, prints and posters of the great artists of the Classic and Romantic movements."Source: Prints.comAfter researching other artist's proofs by Olson, I determined that your signed 22 x 22" artist's proof has a retail art gallery value of $1404 assuming good condition.A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.Kind regards.Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
I received your additional photos. Thank you. They confirm my assessment is correct.Please do not forget my need for a positive rating.Kind regards,Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris