Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have my grandmothers vase that she got as a wedding present.

Customer Question

I have my grandmothers vase that she got as a wedding present. She passed away over 30 years ago at the age of 93. All it says on the bottom is "hand painted" and a leaf on the bottom with something I can't read. It's a floral pattern with gold on it and handles. I can't find anything online like it to see what it might be worth. I live in Tamps and should I just call an appraiser to see what it's worth or can I send a picture to you.
Thank you, Mary
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I am a senior and don't know to send the pics according to the instructions. Please keep the $5.00 and I will do something else. Thank you. Mary
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel. I am a senior and cannot figure out to send pics by email .l do something else. Sorry for any inconvenience. Mary
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary~ I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora