Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 watercolor on silk 8 X 10 in bamboo frames. Each painting

Customer Question

I have 2 watercolor on silk 8 X 10 in bamboo frames. Each painting is a bird in a cherry blossom tree limb. Each painting is is different. The signature is Okada with Japanese writing above the signature and a red stamp in Japanese below the signature. The only information I can come up with is there was a famous Japanese painter by the name of Okada. Would you have any information regarding these.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The frame is 9 x 11 1/4, the painting is 7 x 9 and it is matted. I's not familiar with sending these through the computer but I can send them by email. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.Lana Burns
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lana, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora