Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just acquired an oak dining table that was stamped with Walter

Customer Question

I just acquired an oak dining table that was stamped with Walter of Wabash, Jamestown, Tennessee followed by 3 stars. It has 6 chairs that came with it and they are slat back with the middle with a wide piece that has a heart cut out at the top, an oblong piece in the middle and followed by a diamond shape at the bottom of the wide wooden middle piece.
The table is also marked with 3-M237. The two arm chairs are marked with 4-M233 and then there are two side chairs marked with 2-M218, one with 1-M303 and one with 3-M303.
They are all solid oak with a medium to dark finish. The table measures 48" across and comes with two 11" leaves that can make the table 48"X70" when both are inserted.
One of the chairs is in need of some repair (it looks to have been left out in the weather for a bit), but the rest of the chairs only seem to need the rungs between some of the legs to be reset and tightened.
They are all beautiful and I would like to know what they are worth and how much I could expect to get the repairs done? Am I looking at an antique set or simply vintage at this point?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the set you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to send the photos later, I am not located where the item is in order to take photos and send them right now. Can I do that later?
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is not a problem at all. I look forward to those photos.Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** send them later.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Thank you