Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have an Antique full size bed, late 1800's In Amarillo, have

Customer Question

I have an Antique full size bed, late 1800's In Amarillo, have pictures. I'm currently visiting my daughter here and need to sell it, as she will not have room for it by the end of the month. I live S of Houston and do not want to have to ship it back there.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with your question.There are a few different ways you can go about dealing with the situation. As an estate liquidator I give my clients a few different ways to sell pieces that they have to unload quickly. The first would be to try to sell the bed yourself, using sites such as eBay.com etsy..com and rubylane.com can give you the ability to sell the bed online yourself with a low consignebt fee. Larger furniture can be a tough sell online, but the low risk makes it a great place to start. The next place to sell would be a local antique shop or auction house. The consignment of the bed to an auction house would put you at the mercy of the auction crowd, but you would in fact sell the bed. The antique shop consignment would give you more flexibility as far as time but the consignment fee would be a bit higher. Just to give you an idea, your Victorian era Renaissance Revival bed would have a retail antique shop value of 2000-3000USD. If you were to attempt to sell the bed in an auction setting you would be closer to(###) ###-####SD, but again it would be at the mercy of the auction floor. There is a place in Amarillo you ay want to consult that consigns pieces both in an antique shop setting as well as in an auction setting. http://amarilloantiquemall.com/auctions/3107897 I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your antique bed .Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.